Did you make that perfect shot during a dive, that one photo that deserves to be seen? Kick off the new year with us in style, by entering our two photo competitions this month!
We will have two separate competitions:
January 9th 2021: Underwater photos taken anywhere in the world.
January 16th 2021: Underwater photos taken in North Sulawesi only.
We are accepting your submissions for both competitions starting right now, but do take a moment to read the rules & conditions below…
Your entries will be divided in the following categories and sections:
- DSLR (including mirrorless/full frame cameras)
- Compact (including GoPro etc)
- Wide angle
- You can submit one photo per category and per section, this means you could enter up to four photos for each competition.
- Watermarks and names cannot not be visible.
- Color grading, fixing back scatter and some retouching is of course allowed, but you may not delete, move or insert objects which change the picture itself.
- Photos that show disruption or destruction of the natural habitat are disqualified.
Submitting your photos
To submit your photos, you only need to send us an email with your favorite shots.
Important! Specify the following information when submitting:
- Category: DSLR or Compact
- Wide-angle or Macro
- Location where your photos were taken
Submission deadline: January 8th
Central European Time: Friday 24:00 at midnight
Remember: this is ONE deadline for BOTH of our photo competitions.
Our panel of expert judges consists of Thalassa’s dive guides who will announce the winners during our live broadcasts on Facebook and YouTube on January 9th (Worldwide Competition) and 16th (North Sulawesi Competition).
We will be giving away prizes such as t-shirts, underwater nature books and Thalassa water flasks, which you can pick up personally when we meet again. But most importantly, we do this for some distraction and a bit of fun during these crazy times.