The coronavirus affects us all. In order to meet the demands of travel restrictions, we are announcing a few temporary changes to our cancellation policies…
Update as of September 11th, 2020
- The Bunaken Marine Park has officially reopened! All the usually expected coronavirus protocols are in place.
- Although the central government have not made any official announcements as far as we know, it looks like Indonesia’s international borders will remain closed for the time being. The timeframe is unknown.
What makes this situation particularly difficult, is that it’s impossible to plan for this pandemic. We simply don’t know what the best course of action is at the moment, except that our highest priority is with protecting our staff and any guests that may arrive.
What does this mean for you?
We decided (together with members of the NSWA), to make some adjustments to our cancellation policies. Indonesia currently has travel restrictions in place for all international arrivals.
If you are traveling from a country for which the Indonesian government has issued (or will issue) travel restrictions, or flights that have been (or will be) canceled for reasons related to the coronavirus, we have temporarily adjusted our cancellation policies as follows:
If you’ve already made a booking
- For every booking and downpayment made, you will receive a voucher.
- This allows you to move your booking within 18 months of the original arrival date.
- Vouchers are on a personal basis only and non-transferable.
If you are making a new booking
- Any bookings made do not require any down payment.
- The full amount is then to be paid until 15 days prior to arrival.
This policy is not set in stone, but we hope it will put you at ease when it comes to making a decision to visit North Sulawesi. Should the coronavirus pandemic scale back in the coming time, we will adjust our policies to reflect the situation.
Our staff is following all procedures and recommendations made by local as well as national authorities in order to minimize risk and infection. We want to ensure all of our guests and staff stay healthy and safe.
When will we reopen?
At the moment, it’s impossible to say with any confidence when we can open our doors for international tourism.
However if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Do stay safe, do stay healthy.